Sunday, June 20, 2010

Aaaaaaaaaaah! Please help, I'm freaking out!?

I accidentally burned myself with a hair curler the other day on the knuckle of my ring finger. First it was red, but today it filled with pus and the skin came off. I immediately put a band-aid on it, but I recently read about boils and how deadly the staphh (or stapph) infections can be. I'm so scared!!! Please tell me if what I have is that and if it's serious. Also, what can I do to treat it? Thank you! You have no idea how much I need answers to this.



Aaaaaaaaaaah! Please help, I'm freaking out!?

You're right, staph infections can be serious. But certain antibiotics can be used to treat the infection.



You're right again, because you said you burned yourself. Your body is just trying to heal itself. It is important to keep the area covered to protect it from germs and bacteria.



Washing your hands is important, even if you didn't get burned. But make sure to change your dressing (band-aids, guaze wraps, etc.) often to keep the area dry.



Also, don't try picking on the blisters or scabs. It would just take longer for it to heal.



If there are signs of an infection, go see your doctor.



Aaaaaaaaaaah! Please help, I'm freaking out!?

You have a 2nd degree burn. It will heal on its own. Keep the area clean, bandage it, and a little Neosporin won't hurt.



Aaaaaaaaaaah! Please help, I'm freaking out!?

Clean it real good with peroxide and use an antibiotic ointment and then cover with a band-aid to protect it....



Aaaaaaaaaaah! Please help, I'm freaking out!?

it's clear you haven't encountered real problems in life yet.



Aaaaaaaaaaah! Please help, I'm freaking out!?

Put Neosporin on it.



Aaaaaaaaaaah! Please help, I'm freaking out!?

Yah... stop with the hand sanitizers, those are really bad for you. Antibacterial gels and soaps kill the good microorganisms that protect your body from the harmful bacteria that try and infect you. Other than that the advice before me is all very good. Don't worry about it, it's not anything serious.



Aaaaaaaaaaah! Please help, I'm freaking out!?

Please don't freak out! You probably have a second-degree burn, and I am pretty sure you don't have a staph infection. Put some antibiotic cream on it and it will heal up in a few days. It is really not that serious, but it may leave a scar. It may heal a little faster without a band-aid on it. If you are really worried, go to a doctor or a clinic. Good luck!



Aaaaaaaaaaah! Please help, I'm freaking out!?

I would go to the e.r . because my mom is a nurse and she always tells me how careful to be at school because it can lead to Merca. -Good Luck, Farmboy's Daughter



Aaaaaaaaaaah! Please help, I'm freaking out!?

Put fresh aloe on a burn right away!!! If you get a blister try to not let it pop, if it does, don't cover it, it needs to dry out, put aloe on after washing with a good anti-bacterial soap...Also, it is good to be concerned but try not to feed into the fear the media is peddling, it will drive you crazy.



Aaaaaaaaaaah! Please help, I'm freaking out!?

Burns also cause blisters. Some skin infections caused by staph can look a lot like burns. Staph (and other bacteria) have an easier time infecting damaged skin than intact skin.



Don't panic. Just keep it clean, put on antibiotic ointment, and see a doctor promptly in the event that it seems to be getting worse instead of better from now on.



FYI:



-Staph infections are still treatable with normal antibiotics more often than not (that is, it's not necessarily MRSA even if you get a staph infection. )



-Even if it is MRSA, someone with a healthy immune system can usually handle a skin infection without it ever going systemic and causing major problems.



Aaaaaaaaaaah! Please help, I'm freaking out!?

im not sure if this will help but i burned myself on the oven and it was a red line then the next day it filled with pus and i had a tournament so i kept popping it accidently and it kept fillin back up but the next 2 days it was gone! just asked your mom she probably knows more than anyone else good luck n stay calm!



Aaaaaaaaaaah! Please help, I'm freaking out!?

just keep it clean. if it still bothers you go c ur doctor.



Aaaaaaaaaaah! Please help, I'm freaking out!?

just keep it covered thats all you can do..you are in no danger! so dont worry about it. The only cure fo rthis is time. Give it a while to heal. good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++