Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sewing Help/Tips?

i have been sewing for 4 years i am great (not to be rude or anything) i can make vests, gowns, skirts, shorts, and hair stuff like scrunchis and head bands. I could be good at shirts if i had knits (all I have is cotton.) I wanted to know i anyone had some great tips/ ideas for sewing I'm only in my tween years (2 more years till teenager!) So something cute and maybe a little easy but i like a challenge. oh and by the way i do all of my clothes w/o a pattern 'cause all of my patterns are really old and out-dated I'm okay with zippers they are a little hard in pants and skirts but I'm up for a challenge!!!!!



Sewing Help/Tips?

Not sure what you meant "good at shirts if I had knits all I have is cotton. Please explain. Try a cotton shirt with a pattern and get the pattern to match up on all of the pieces. Make a suit for someone coat, pants and vest.



Sewing Help/Tips?

Uggh..Sorry but thank you for answering my question!!



Sewing Help/Tips?

Christmas is coming! Try your hand at some totebags. Ladies love these, as we're always carrying stuff around. If one of the ladies on your Christmas list knits, make her a yarn bag with pouches on the inside and a drawstring top. Have fun with it. Be sure you anchor the handles firmly and double-stitch the bottom seam!



Email me for patterns on these, if you want. I make my own, too, so I can share them.



Sewing Help/Tips?

um well, at my first sewing class a few years ago our first projects were a pajama pant, tote purse, and checkered fleece blanket... i would suggest a makeup bag? also, a lot of girls made like those huge bean bag things, cept stuffed like the stuff in teddy bears, theyre huge and soft and sooooooo comfy!! hope you use invisible zippers..! they are amazing anyway, i think you should try to make any kind of handbag, have fun lining, or structure it with boning.. add in pouches (with zippers!!) and i always get inspiration from looking at trims and buttons and thinking how i could use them..!



Sewing Help/Tips?

Two suggestions:



Take a look at the computer program Wild Things on the Wild Ginger website



http://www.wildginger.com/products/wildt...



and check your library for Nancy Restuccia's book, Hold It!



It's got all sorts of bags and carriers and things with pockets and zippers, with dimensions and sewing instructions... but enough of the design process underlying the items is shown that you could certainly riff on any of them easily. She's got a freebie up on the web: http://www.quiltwoman.com/mie/opentot2.h... which will give you an idea of her style, and a pay-for-it pattern of an interesting little bag that's easy to do:



http://www.quiltwoman.com/mie/hb.html (this pattern will also teach you some basic quilting and shortening zippers, both useful skills.)



Zippers, which are needed in a lot of these patterns, can often be found in miscellaneous lots of sewing stuff at places like Goodwill or Salvation Army thrift stores. Or if you're after specific zippers, this place has been a good source for me:



http://www.zipperstop.com/



Sewing Help/Tips?

maybe you can make yourself (and some friends) some bags... just get some really nice fabric and work out pretty designs. you can also create bedroom slippers, the materials of which (and also the procedure) you can research online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++