Wednesday, November 25, 2009

First time flier questions? Underwire bras, jewelry, etc- help please?!?!?

I'm going to be flying for the first time (well, since I was a baby) and I had a couple questions:



1). I went to the TSA website, and it said you are not supposed to wear underwire bras. I've looked it up, and read that some women have had trouble with the metal setting it off, while some wear them while flying all the time. I'm a 34D, so I'm not exactly comfortable NOT wearing an underwire, so is there any bra that WON'T set the metal detectors off? One that gives the support, but isn't metal?



2). I don't wear a ton of jewelry, just one necklace, and two rings- one given to me by my mother, and a purity ring. Will I have to take these off while going through the security check?



3). What kind of clothes should I wear for flying? Are jeans, a band tee, my hoodie, and a pair of slip on vans okay?



4). I don't use a lot of hair products, just my brush, a hair dryer, and root lifter. Are the hair dryer and root lifter okay to bring? What if the root lifter is in a aerosol can?



First time flier questions? Underwire bras, jewelry, etc- help please?!?!?

1). I wear a underwire bra all the time when I fly. %26amp; not once has it set off the metal detectors off. So, I think you will be fine there.



2). I always take off my rings when I go through security. I always leave my earrings in though. necklace you could leave on it you want too.



3). Your outfit sounds fine. just make sure whatever you wear is comfortable.



4). The hair dryer has to go in your checked luggage. It can't be in your carry on. and I wouldn't take the aerosol can. since, you are so high in the air that it might bust. and that wouldn't be good.



5).You can use a backpack for your carry on %26amp; you can also take a purse with you on the plane. Usually I just use my purse as my carryon. I take my iPod. and my camera. You have to make sure that those are shut off till they tell you can turn them back on. Make sure that your cell phone stays off the whole time.



Have fun.



I like flying.



I usually fly by myself though.



I'm only 15 yrs old.



First time flier questions? Underwire bras, jewelry, etc- help please?!?!?

OK well I can only answer number 1.



well I know I like total support as well!



And I used to wear under wire bras all the time but I found a certain bra that to me has the same support as a under wire bra but isn't one!



I found mine at Wal-Mart it's Fruit of the Loom, Very comfortable and supportive! I hope you have a safe trip!



First time flier questions? Underwire bras, jewelry, etc- help please?!?!?

Generally your carry on bag can't be larger than 45 linear inches (height plus length plus depth).



1. Yes, sometimes the underwires set off the machine. If it does they'll give you a physical pat down. To avoid that I wear an underwire-less bra, but bring one in my carry on and change after going through security.



2. Just put your jewelry in your purse before you send it through the machine. They have a bowl where you can put them, but I hate the hassle.



3. Your selected outfit would be fine, as long as you're comfortable. Be aware that planes can be really hot or really cold, so have layers.



4. The dryer would be fine to bring, but you wouldn't be able to use it on the plane. Unless your carry on is your only baggage, I'd check it. Your aerosol root lifter can't be any larger than 3 oz.



First time flier questions? Underwire bras, jewelry, etc- help please?!?!?

I have had no trouble with my under wire bras going through security. I had a necklace on no problem. I wear jeans, shirt, my clogs. No aerosol cans. They can explode. I buy my hairspray in the non aerosol. The only thing that sets off the security at the airport is my knee replacement. But other than that no other problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++